Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Social-Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness

The beauty of the nature helps me grow. Visiting the Lake Crescent last weekend and seeing all the beauty of an old groth forest and the lake was amazing. I have learned that I need to make time to focus on the beauty of the nature as a part of my self-care. 


NCS2022 Lake Crescent, WA

Taking care of one's own wellbeing starts from having self-compassion. Being kind to myself includes visiting beautiful places, and we have plenty of those in Washington state, Taking time to enjoy them is important. The research of self-compassion states there are three components:self-kindness, common humanity and mindfulness. [1] I find the nature walks to soothe my soul and help me be a better me.




[1] Neff, Kristin D. "Self‐compassion, self‐esteem, and well‐being." Social and personality psychology compass 5.1 (2011): 1-12. https://self-compassion.org/the-three-elements-of-self-compassion-2/

 https://self-compassion.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SC.SE_.Well-being.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment